We have launched the International Association of Translation Service Managers, which is an unincorporated association in nature to identify and discuss the challenges and tasks associated with LSPs as well as with the high and medium-level managers.
WHY TO ESTABLISH THE ASSOCIATION
At the same time that we continue to expand the scale and scope of our Association in order to find additional opportunities to network and share ideas with colleagues from around the world, we further plan to provide mentoring, continuing education and other professional development opportunities which will allow us to focus on the promotion of effective professional management among top managers of language service provider companies, enable the most efficient and effective operations at other levels (project managers, HR managers, sales managers, business development managers, vendor/client managers, account managers), and finally ensure the highest quality of service over the long term.
To be recognized globally as the premier organization for women managers and leaders who, by sharing their knowledge and experience, provide professional development opportunities in order to improve the future management of their organization.
The overall mission of the association is to offer the services, programs and tools that will provide education, innovation, support, resources, leadership development and networking opportunities that enhance professional growth and success of translation service managers at the local, regional and international level. It is a professional platform for discussing all topics related to language service providers:
• practice management and professional development,
• standards, policies and strategies,
• language technology,
• communication and networking
• ethics and professionalism
• strategic partnerships
STRUCTURE OF THE INTERNATIONAL ASSOCIATION OF TRANSLATION SERVICE MANAGERS
Board of Directors
The Board includes the founders of the Association, some honorary members, the partners, sponsors and investors (or their representatives) as well as permanent local managers of the Association
The Association is made up of (currently mostly women) managers of translation and related centers (other managers will be considered in the future), including:
I. Main members
- Founding members
- Supportive members, i.e. those who support the Association as partners, sponsors or investors (or their representatives)
- Permanent local managers (as described below – either language service providers or non-managers with facilities to establish permanent branches in their own areas)
II. Honorary and senior members
They include senior government officials, presidents of scientific organizations active in the field of translation and directors of leading translation centers.
II. Fellows/associate/Affiliate members
Heads of regional groups:
- Associate local managers (directing activities in their own regions, as described below)
- Fellows or ordinary members (CEOs, owners, founders and presidents of small- and medium-sized enterprises as well as the key managers of large-sized enterprises)
- Associate members (middle managers of large-sized enterprises)
- Affiliate members – retired managers of medium-to-large-sized translation agencies, faculty members of universities and higher education and research institutes, managers of other language-related sectors (including language learning as well as machine translation, language and documentation software) or other sectors related to translation (recruitment, human resources, etc.), and non-managers wishing to become members (after confirmation of the founding members)
Attention “translators”: follow our “Translation Jobs” page and check out the open positions